Doctor of Philosophy. Major in Entomology.
University Ph.D. requirements apply. Additional specific requirements are determined by the student's graduate committee.
- With a high level of independence and sophistication, advance the science of entomology and contribute to the solution of emerging problems in entomology by designing and conducting hypothesis-based research.
- Demonstrate competence in standard entomological research methods and advanced research tools and technologies.
- Contribute in a meaningful way as a member of interdisciplinary research teams that address complex issues.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of fundamental principles and core knowledge in entomology and affiliated sciences.
- Demonstrate in-depth expertise in an entomological concentration area.
- Critically apply knowledge and expertise to the analysis and interpretation of novel problems in entomology; synthesize integrative conclusions and generate objective solutions.