Political Science (Ph.D.)
Doctor of Philosophy. Major in Political Science.
General College of Graduate Studies requirements for application must be followed. Applicants to the Ph.D. program must also submit Graduate Record Examination scores, three letters of recommendation, and a 300-500 word statement of purpose directly to the Department of Political Science.
- Knowledge of basic concepts and theories of political science and its sub-fields.
- Awareness of basic research findings and analytical methods.
- Ability to apply theories to new situations and data, including those of everyday life.
- Ability to distinguish normative from empirical arguments and to critically evaluate both.
- Capacity to critically analyze empirical evidence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms.
- In-depth knowledge in at least two sub-fields of political science.