Civil Engineering (Ph.D)
Doctor of Philosophy. Major in Civil Engineering.
Persons interested in pursuing a doctoral degree must contact a correspondent in the department well in advance of admission to the Graduate College. Preliminary screening of candidates and program planning for those admitted are essential features of the Ph.D. program. Programs are offered with specialization in the following general areas:
- water resources and hydraulics;
- structures, structural mechanics, and construction materials;
- geotechnical engineering with a major in soil mechanics;
- transportation engineering; and
- environmental engineering.
The qualifying examination is written and/or oral, and the preliminary examination is written and oral.