Information Techonology Services
ITS provides the university community with information technologies and support to complement its teaching, learning, research, telecommunications, and outreach activities, as well as serve administrative operations. The ITS main office is located in the Administration Building, Room 140, phone 208-885-6721.
Some services provided by ITS include:
- Help Desk Services – provides technical assistance through telephone, e-mail, and walk-in support. The Help Desk can be visited at The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) room 128 or reached at 208-885-HELP (208-885-4357) or email@example.com.
- Student Computer Labs – There are 18 student computing labs located across the Moscow campus, consisting of 550 Windows/Apple PCs and 26 printers, including computer access for individuals with disabilities. All labs are open during building hours except the two 24-hour labs located in the Administration building. The labs offer specialized software such as Mathlab, MathCAD, SPSS, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, and other software applications to meet academic needs. These software applications are available to all students, faculty, and staff at the University of Idaho. A NetID user account is required to login to a student computing lab workstation. Kiosk stations are located throughout campus and can be accessed using the NetID username and password. These light-weight machines provide email, internet access, and printing services. For more information and access to VLab see www.uidaho.edu/its/services/classroom.
- Campus Wireless Network – available throughout the Moscow, Coeur d'Alene, and Boise campuses, including UI Residences. Faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to use "AirVandalGold." Guests are invited to use "AirVandalGuest."
- Technology Enhanced Classrooms – provides support and training for the university's media-enhanced classrooms.
- Media Center – provides media presentation equipment to campus and off-campus users.
- Telephone Services – provides complete telephone communication service and infrastructure support.
- Enterprise Applications – provides database administration and development services for the University's ERP application and website content management systems, as well as custom development for web-based administrative applications.
- Network and Systems – provides network and server-based services including: Internet access, high-speed campus data network, wide-area network connecting university sites across Idaho, server-based personal and shared file space, Virtual Private Network (VPN), and print queues.
- Document Imaging – provides infrastructure for the scanning, retention, and management of documents related to university operations.
- Vandal Card – The Vandal Card is the official UI identification card. Uses include personal on-campus transactions at enabled locations and access to university meal plans, the Student Recreation Center, and some UI facilities.
- Records Management – provides physical storage along with guidance, training, and policy regarding the management and disposal of university records.
- E-Commerce (Marketplace) – provides managed e-commerce services to the university community, including providing payment capabilities for UI developed web applications and third-party payment integration. E-Commerce also provides banner-integrated online stores (UI Marketplace) for use by university colleges and departments for web-based commerce.
- The ITS web page can be found on-line at www.uidaho.edu/its. The web site has a complete service catalog which provides detailed descriptions and contact information for all the services offered by ITS.